What are the complications of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)?

Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) can lead to the following complications:

Deficiencies of vitamins A, D, E, and K Infections of the bile ducts Cirrhosis-extensive scarring of the liver Liver failure Bile duct cancer

This answer is based on source information from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
You may have heard that swallowed gum stays in your stomach for seven years. But is it true? Gum sales are about $25 billion globally, so some of thos...
What happens during a gallbladder attack?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
During a gallbladder attack, a gallstone blocks the outlet of the gallbladder as it squeezes, and yo...
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
What Are Some Benefits of Reducing or Removing Gluten?