Do I need to be ready at a moment’s notice for a liver transplant?

Livers can only stay out of a body for a few hours once removed from a donor. Therefore, if you are on a list for a liver transplant, you must be available to come to the hospital quickly. It is best to make sure that the center has several numbers to reach you including your mobile phone number.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
You may have heard that swallowed gum stays in your stomach for seven years. But is it true? Gum sales are about $25 billion globally, so some of thos...
How are colon polyps removed?
NorthShore University HealthSystemNorthShore University HealthSystem
There are a lot of good techniques for removing polyps from the colon including injecting saline jus...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
The Surprising Food That Might Be Making You Bloated