Should I talk to my doctor about refractory ulcer symptoms?

If you've been treated for an ulcer, but your symptoms haven't abated, you need to speak with your doctor for two important reasons.

1. Refractory ulcers require different treatment. If you want to stop painful symptoms, your doctor will have to prescribe a new course of action.
  2. Refractory ulcers are often signs of a more serious complication, like stomach cancer. If you have these conditions, you will need to seek treatment for them.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Try This Buttery Treat for Your Pancreas
Creamy, luscious, buttery-smooth—and it may be good for your pancreas, too. We're talking about the avocado. Why? Because it's got plant fats. And re...
How does excess acidity cause digestion problems?
Mosaraf Ali, MDMosaraf Ali, MD
The digestive system is a fine balance of acid or alkaline media: the saliva in the mouth is alkal...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
Which Gut Type Are You?
Which Gut Type Are You?