Should I talk to my doctor about esophageal ulcer symptoms?

If you think you might have an esophageal ulcer, you need to speak to your doctor. Although most ulcers respond well to treatment, you can't treat an ulcer on your own. Your doctor will need to determine what's causing your ulcer in order to tell you how to best treat it. If your ulcer is being caused by bacteria, you will need antibiotics. But if your ulcer is caused by your GERD, you will need drugs that can help you manage your reflux. In addition, ulcers can sometimes become complicated, needing additional treatment. It's better if a doctor can diagnose these complications as soon as possible in order to increase your chances of having fewer negative effects on your body.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

How to Keep Your Gut Healthy
How to Keep Your Gut Healthy
From taking hard hits on the football field to making marathons look easy, being a world-class athlete takes guts. Now researchers have actually gone ...
What does healthy poop look like?
Almost nobody likes to talk about their bowel movements. Learn about your bowel as Dr. Oz discusses ...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Is the Medicinal Value of Mushrooms?