Do processed foods have an effect on a healthy gastrointestinal system?

For a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) system, avoid processed foods. Processed foods typically have high quantities of preservatives, saturated fats, and salt, and low levels of nutrition and fiber. A high fat diet can slow down the digestive process and salt can dehydrate the digestive tract, which can result in constipation and other digestive conditions.

Instead of processed foods, eat natural vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains. These healthy diet choices will be lower in fat and salt and higher in fiber than processed foods.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Another Reason to Track Those Triglycerides
In the children’s book Matilda, when Bruce Bogtrotter, a student at Crunchem Hall Primary School, stole a chocolate cake from the mean headmistress, M...
Why is not having enough enzymes problematic for digestion?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Not having enough enzymes means that not all of the food people eat can be digested. As a result, th...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
Can I Take Probiotics If I Am Pregnant or Breastfeeding?