• Walk more often or a little farther every day.
• Stay away from carbonated drinks -- and don’t use a straw. Drink
• Lay on your left side, with your knees drawn up to your chest. Or get
on your knees and lean forward, placing your weight on your
folded arms with your buttocks in the air.
• When you have gas, gently press on your abdomen every hour,
following these steps:
1) Take a few deep breaths. Blow out slowly.
2) Place your hands below your navel with the fingertips touching.
3) Take a deep breath and hold it for 5 counts.
4) Breathe out slowly and completely through your mouth while
pressing in and down on your abdomen.
5) Move your hands a half-inch closer to your incision, and repeat
steps 2 to 4.
• Call your doctor if you have continuing or severe abdominal swelling or