How do Meckel's diverticulum ulcers relate to fetal development?

A Meckel's diverticulum ulcer is related to fetal development because it occurs during this time of fetal growth. When the child is forming in the womb not all of the tissue becomes fully developed. Undeveloped tissue forms a pouch on the intestine walls. Later on, this pouch can emit stomach and pancreas acids that form small ulcers.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Your Gut and Heart Health Connection
Your Gut and Heart Health Connection
What does your gut have to have to do with your heart health and other chronic diseases? A lot. In the past few years, scientists have been investiga...
What causes one to burp?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Excess air in your stomach causes you to burp. However, you may not realize things that contribu...
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
How Can Herbs Help Improve My Digestion?