How do I manage my peptic ulcers on a daily basis?

Managing the symptoms of peptic ulcers can include avoiding highly acidic foods, drinking milk, and taking antacids. Stopping tobacco or alcohol use, and limiting regular use of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), will help calm your ulcer symptoms. But none of these steps will heal most ulcers for good. Treatment depends on whether or not you have an H. pylori infection and can range from 5 days to 2 months. You may need a prescription antibiotic, so it's important to see your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.