How do I manage my peptic ulcers on a daily basis?

Managing the symptoms of peptic ulcers can include avoiding highly acidic foods, drinking milk, and taking antacids. Stopping tobacco or alcohol use, and limiting regular use of NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), will help calm your ulcer symptoms. But none of these steps will heal most ulcers for good. Treatment depends on whether or not you have an H. pylori infection and can range from 5 days to 2 months. You may need a prescription antibiotic, so it's important to see your doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Do You Have the Guts to Get a Good Night’s Sleep?
The Science of Sleep is a 2006 French fantasy/sci-fi flick that suggests for many folks the line between being awake and sound asleep is pretty fuzzy ...
What happens if the bacterial balance in the digestive tract is disrupted?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Probiotics -- good bacteria -- are meant to inhabit our entire digestive tract at approximately 80:2...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
Can This Little Boy Help Fix Your Gut?
Can This Little Boy Help Fix Your Gut?