How do I manage my duodenal ulcer on a daily basis?

If you have a duodenal ulcer, you are at risk for complications that can be potentially serious, including rupture and internal bleeding. In order to manage your ulcer on a daily basis, make sure you visit a doctor as soon as ulcer symptoms occur. Take prescribed medications to reduce stomach acid and fight bacteria, and make sure you go back to your doctor if your symptoms worsen. Finally, make lifestyle changes that can reduce the amount of aggravating acid in your stomach - don't smoke, drink alcohol, or eat foods that cause reflux. Also, avoid aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs if possible.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Is Chocolate Good for Your Gut?
Is Chocolate Good for Your Gut?
Mayans concocted a bitter, frothy, hot brew from roasted cocoa bean paste, chili peppers and cornmeal. Later the Aztecs adopted the custom—but sipped ...
How can I get rid of toxins?
To get rid of toxins in your body: Toss the junk. Detox your pantry so that you can detox your bo...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
The Link Between Gut Bacteria and Weight