What specialists are involved in liver transplants in children?

Liver specialists are called hepatologists. Transplant surgeons usually perform liver transplants. After the transplant, children will be cared for by a team of providers including intensive care doctors, physician assistants, nurses, fellows, hepatologists and surgeons.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

A Taco Filling Your Liver Will Love
A Taco Filling Your Liver Will Love
Tacos—quick and easy, and a treat for your liver if you skip the ground beef and use this filling instead: winter squash. Yep, not only do butternut ...
How can I make my body more alkaline?
How can I make my body more alkaline? You can help alkalinize your system by reducing the acidifiers...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
The Food Remedies for a Leaky Gut
The Food Remedies for a Leaky Gut