What does my leg length say about the health of my liver?

British researchers have discovered that women with legs between 20 and 29 inches tend to have higher levels of four enzymes that indicate liver disease. It's not that leg length in and of itself contributed to liver disease, but that shorter legs are an indication of poor childhood nutrition, which may also play a role in liver function.

Be kind to your liver by:

• Limiting your alcohol intake to one beer or glass of wine per day.
  • Increasing your intake of liver-healthy cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

5 Ways to Beat Belly Bloat
5 Ways to Beat Belly Bloat
We all want to enjoy the holiday festivities, from the parties at work to family dinners to toasting in the New Year as the ball drops. But after a ce...
What are some of the early warning signs of colon problems?
Kynthia JamesKynthia James
The symptoms of rectal problems and be non-specific or even absent until the problem has progressed....
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
Can This Little Boy Help Fix Your Gut?
Can This Little Boy Help Fix Your Gut?