Is a duodenal ulcer a symptom of cancer?

In most cases, a duodenal ulcer is generally not a symptom of cancer. Instead, it is a condition usually caused by bacteria. Duodenal ulcers are only painful for about half of sufferers. However, in some cases, ulcers can be related to cancer. The best way to determine what is causing your duodenal ulcer is to visit your doctor, who can run a variety of tests.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

The Best Foods for Good Gut Bacteria
The Best Foods for Good Gut Bacteria
Your digestive tract contains a metropolis of bacteria that helps digest and absorb nutrients from the food you eat. Recent research finds, however, t...
Why do I belch loudly after eating?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Prolonged deep belching after eating is almost certainly due to excessive swallowing of air. (The me...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
How Can I Detoxify My Digestive Tract Naturally?