How can I thank the family of my liver donor?

Transplant recipients often want to thank the donor's family for the liver they received. This can only be done anonymously through the organ procurement agency. To communicate with the donor's family, write a letter without signing it and give it to the team's social worker at the transplant center. They send it to the organ procurement agency who in turn forwards it to the donor's family. Often the donor's family will respond via another anonymous letter. However, not everyone receives a response, but this does not mean your gratitude wasn't appreciated by the donor's family.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Dr. Oz Asks: Is Your Poop Normal or Not?
Is there such a thing as perfect poop? You bet. Your stool can speak volumes about your health. If you’re not in the habit of sneaking a peek before ...
What is a polyp?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
A polyp is a growth in the colon. Polyps can form and can develop into cancer.
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Some Effects of Bacteria Imbalance?