How many times a day does the average person pass gas?

The average person passes gas about 14 times a day (Howard Stern's guests were not included in statistical analysis). We all produce 1 to 3 pints of gas daily, and less than 1 percent of it smells. So passing gas is really nothing to be ashamed of, unless it comes in the middle of a job interview or during your wedding vows.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Six Foods Your Gut Bugs Love—and Four They Hate
Next time you open the fridge, remember that you’re not just eating for one. You’re also feeding the 100 trillion bacteria that call your digestive sy...
How do humans digest beef?
dotFITdotFIT
The same way all foods are digested. Digestion actually starts in the mouth from chewing and secreti...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
How Can I Detoxify My Digestive Tract Naturally?