How can nutritional supplements help people with EPI?

People with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) can use nutritional supplements to get carbohydrates, fats, or proteins—sometimes all three—depending on what they need. Supplements are useful for people with EPI because they can pack lots of nutrients and calories into a small serving. They often come as milkshakes, juices or puddings that people can have with other food. It's still important to eat a healthy, balanced diet. A supplement is just an add-on. A dietitian can explain more about supplements—there are lots to choose from, and he / she can help you choose the best one for you.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Poop Red Flags You Need to Know About
Poop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know AboutPoop Red Flags You Need to Know About
Here’s when to worry if something’s not coming out right.  Everyone hopes for predictable poops. But if you happen to find a surprise in the toilet, h...
What Are the Benefits of Taking a Digestive Enzyme Supplement?
What Are Some Factors That Can Deplete My Digestive Enzyme Levels?
How Can Antibiotic Use Affect Bacteria Balance in the Stomach (Gut Flora)?