How can I find out if I have Whipple's disease?

Whipple's disease is an extremely rare condition in which an infection prevents the intestine from properly absorbing nutrients. This disorder primarily affects middle-aged white men, and the onset of symptoms is usually slow. Without treatment, it may be fatal. An endoscopy is a diagnostic test involving an endoscope (a medical device consisting of a camera mounted on a flexible tube). The endoscope is inserted through the mouth, anus or a small incision. A sample of suspicious tissue is removed for testing.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Is the Key to Better Health in Your Intestines?
The power of the gut biome to influence your health is as astounding as the 1969 Apollo 11 mission. This teeming world of an estimated 100 trillion mi...
What are anal fistulas?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Anal fistulas are abnormal, small channels or connections between the rectum and skin in the anorect...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Ways to Include Yogurt in My Diet?