How can I find out if I have Whipple's disease?

Whipple's disease is an extremely rare condition in which an infection prevents the intestine from properly absorbing nutrients. This disorder primarily affects middle-aged white men, and the onset of symptoms is usually slow. Without treatment, it may be fatal. An endoscopy is a diagnostic test involving an endoscope (a medical device consisting of a camera mounted on a flexible tube). The endoscope is inserted through the mouth, anus or a small incision. A sample of suspicious tissue is removed for testing.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.