How big will the scar from my liver transplant be?

The standard incision used for the liver transplant is called a "chevron incision." It starts at the right side of the midsection just under the ribs and extends to the left edge of the abdomen. There is also a short incision starting under the sternum (breastbone) which extends to meet the horizontal incision.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Tell Me Why… I Poop More During My Period
As if the cramps, bloating, mood swings, exhaustion and increased appetite during premenstrual syndrome (PMS) weren’t bad enough, your tummy may get o...
What is digestion?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
Digestion, the process by which food is broken down into simple chemical compounds that can be a...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Some Recent Breakthroughs in Gastroenterology?