How does the bacteria in my gut affect my health?

Alejandro Junger, MD
The good bacteria in your gut serve some important functions: pre-digesting food, detoxifying the body and regulating the immune system. In this video, cardiologist Alejandro Junger, MD, explains why it's important to have healthy intestinal flora.
Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
The specific microbial mix (your gut contains thousands of species of bacteria) you wind up with has a big impact on your health. Besides making you more resistant to disease, the balance (or lack thereof) of microbes in your gut may lower your risk of obesity or influence your risk of autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health