What are the health risks of having a fatty liver?

About 10 percent of Americans have fatty livers from being overwhelmed with fat sent from the intestines and omentum (our abdominal fat depot) for processing. Fatty livers can lead to fibrosis, reduced liver function, and even cirrhosis over time—although for most folks, you just end up looking like foie gras on the insides.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Dr. Oz Asks: Is Your Poop Normal or Not?
Is there such a thing as perfect poop? You bet. Your stool can speak volumes about your health. If you’re not in the habit of sneaking a peek before ...
What foods and drinks can trigger digestive problems?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Respect what your gut has to say. Even the most finely tuned machine has its quirks -- if certain fo...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Ways to Include Yogurt in My Diet?