When will I be able to go home after liver transplant surgery ?

Most patients are able to return home in a week to 12 days. After returning home, patients will need to carefully adhere to their medication regimens, and to monitor vital signs including temperature, blood pressure, and weight on a daily basis. Patients will return to the Center for frequent follow-up visits, blood work, and other testing.
By three months after surgery, most patients have recovered fully and have returned to their normal activities.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

60 Minutes to a Healthier Colon
60 Minutes to a Healthier Colon
One in three adults will get colon polyps, but the odds drop to one in four if you do this for just 1 hour each week: exercise. Any activity will do....
How do I know if I need my gallbladder removed (cholecystectomy)?
The main reason for gallbladder removal is symptomatic gallstones. Many people have gallstones witho...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
The Midnight Snack That Eases Digestion
The Midnight Snack That Eases Digestion