Should I talk to my doctor about gastrointestinal system symptoms?

You should discuss gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms with your doctor. If you typically show signs of a healthy GI system, symptoms may be the sign of a temporary, minor condition, or an acute, serious condition. If your symptoms continue long term, you may have a chronic GI condition. Because some symptoms of GI conditions tend to be general, a doctor may need to conduct a series of tests to pinpoint the problem. Your doctor can also recommend ways to improve the health of your gastrointestinal health

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.