Should I talk to my doctor about gastrointestinal system symptoms?

You should discuss gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms with your doctor. If you typically show signs of a healthy GI system, symptoms may be the sign of a temporary, minor condition, or an acute, serious condition. If your symptoms continue long term, you may have a chronic GI condition. Because some symptoms of GI conditions tend to be general, a doctor may need to conduct a series of tests to pinpoint the problem. Your doctor can also recommend ways to improve the health of your gastrointestinal health

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

You've Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life
To squat or to sit—that is the question. Inventions like the Squatty Potty have sparked conversations about the right and wrong way to poop. Unnatura...
Can colorectal cancer be prevented if I have a colon polyp?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Colorectal cancer can be prevented if you have a colon polyp. If your doctor finds a large polyp and...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are the Most Common Symptoms of Low Digestive Enzyme Levels?