Should I encourage vomiting if my child drinks kerosene?

Although drinking kerosene may cause your child to vomit, you shouldn't encourage vomiting. The risk of inhaling the kerosene and getting it into the airway and lungs is greater with vomiting. In some cases of paint thinner poisoning, emergency treatment may call for emptying the victim's stomach, but the treating physicians will make that decision based on the type of solution involved.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Don't Poop Your Pants!
Don't Poop Your Pants!
When a Swedish manufacturer of adult diapers sent every countryman 55 and older a sample pair, the company received thousands of angry calls. And that...
How often should I poop?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
There's a range of normal for pooping. Three times a day is as normal as three times a week.
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
Bad Gut Bacteria May Be to Blame for Weight Gain