Does what I eat affect the good bacteria in my gut?

Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Gastroenterology
The food you eat is the most important determinant of the type of bacteria, good or bad, you will cultivate in your gut. Watch as integrative gastroenterologist Robynne Chutkan, MD, discusses why indigestible plant fiber and fermented foods are key. 
Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Research has shown that having "good" bacteria in the gut can help prevent disease. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller reveals the results of a study that shows how "good" gut bacteria is directly related to what you eat.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Why Your Colon Loves Winter
Why Your Colon Loves Winter
Here's a great reason to celebrate colder weather and shorter days: They usher in visits from a family that brings color to your dinners and good tidi...
What happens if the bacterial balance in the digestive tract is disrupted?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Probiotics -- good bacteria -- are meant to inhabit our entire digestive tract at approximately 80:2...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
What Should I Look for in a High-Quality Probiotic?