Does what I eat affect the good bacteria in my gut?

Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Gastroenterology
The food you eat is the most important determinant of the type of bacteria, good or bad, you will cultivate in your gut. Watch as integrative gastroenterologist Robynne Chutkan, MD, discusses why indigestible plant fiber and fermented foods are key. 
Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Research has shown that having "good" bacteria in the gut can help prevent disease. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller reveals the results of a study that shows how "good" gut bacteria is directly related to what you eat.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Try These Oils to Relieve Constipation
Try These Oils to Relieve Constipation
Did you know when it started in 1919, the comic strip Popeye was called Thimble Theatre and there was no muscle-bound, spinach-eating sailor in sight?...
How does the body make ammonia?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cells in the body need protein to do their jobs. They get this protein from food and from the body's...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
How Doctors Reach a Diagnosis
How Doctors Reach a Diagnosis