What does the color of my child's poop indicate?

Kids are what they eat at this age, and Technicolor poops are usually more a sign that they just ate some funky-colored yogurt or cereal than anything else. Blueberries can be quite dramatic; beets will dye both poop and pee red. Streaks of red may simply be a sign of small anal fissures, or breaks in the tissue, rather than anything serious. But the biggest thing you typically need to worry about at this age is keeping track of any foreign objects or toys your child may have swallowed, so that you can dig through his poop later to make sure the Lego came out the other end.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Quick Kitchen Remedy for Indigestion
Quick Kitchen Remedy for Indigestion
Think you might overdo it this weekend and wake up with that dreaded burning sensation in your midsection? Luckily, your veggie bin holds an easy fix...
How does the gut react to food poisoning?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
If you've ever had food poisoning, you know your gut is an uncompromising vigilante. When a nasty mi...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
What Increases My Risk for Digestive Diseases?