Will changes in my diet help my esophageal ulcers?

In the past, doctors thought that ulcers were caused primarily by spicy foods. Now, they understand that there is a great deal more to ulcers such as esophageal ulcers. However, changes in your diet can still impact your esophageal ulcer. This ulcer, which creates a sore in the lining of your esophagus, is associated with GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux. When you stop eating the foods that cause reflux, you can lower the amount of stomach acid produced. This should benefit your ulcer.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

The Common Gut Condition That Could Cost You Your Colon
Feeling pain or a strange discomfort in your abdomen? Don’t worry; you're not alone. Every year, thousands of people are admitted to hospitals for abd...
How can antibiotic use affect bacteria balance in the stomach (gut flora)?
Robynne K. Chutkan, MDRobynne K. Chutkan, MD
Although antibiotics are an important medical advance, overuse can lead to an imbalance of bacteria ...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
Bad Gut Bacteria May Be to Blame for Weight Gain