Should I call my doctor if I am passing blood?

The short answer is yes. Even if you're a young, healthy person, you always want to be sure that the blood you are passing is not due to something really bad. For the most part, your symptoms could be from something simple, such as eating something that made your stool appear red, up to something serious, such as possible cancers of the digestive system. It is better to go to your doctor to have a check-up and some tests to make sure it is nothing more serious.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.