Are there alternative treatments for refractory ulcers?

People who have refractory ulcers have ulcers that have not responded to treatment. Because of this, doctors change the type of treatment given in order to elicit a better response. These changes in treatment usually include methods aimed at treating the underlying condition or problem that is keeping the treatment from being effective. If these new treatments still fail to work surgery is the alternative treatment for refractory ulcers. Doctors can choose to remove ulcers via surgery as a last resort.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

How to Keep Your Gut Healthy
How to Keep Your Gut Healthy
From taking hard hits on the football field to making marathons look easy, being a world-class athlete takes guts. Now researchers have actually gone ...
Why do I belch loudly after eating?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Prolonged deep belching after eating is almost certainly due to excessive swallowing of air. (The me...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Some Guidelines to Keep in Mind When Buying Probiotics?