What are the treatment options for stomach flu?

The primary treatment for stomach flu is to avoid dehydration and to stay comfortable. You should be careful to replenish the liquids and electrolytes that have been lost due to the diarrhea and vomiting, but you should also allow your stomach to rest. Do not use pain relievers as they may cause more upset to the stomach. When your stomach begins to settle, try to drink clear liquids, eat bland foods, and avoid fatty or heavily seasoned foods.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Constipated? Always Going? Signs Your Digestion Isn't Normal
Everyone's digestion is a bit different, but there are some universal indicators of a healthy system—and an unhealthy one. First, let’s review the ba...
Why do I feel fatigue and confusion when I use my G-tube?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
The gastrostomy tube (G-tube) is a type of feeding tube insertion in which a tube passes through the...
Should I talk to my doctor about my digestive disease symptoms?
A doctor can help with many of the symptoms of digestive diseases. Some symptoms can indicate mo...
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?