What is the rate of incidence of an obstetric fistula?

Estimates of the rate of incidence vary, since hundreds of thousands of undocumented cases of fistula exist. The rate of incidence for obstetric fistula is approximately 50,000 to 100,000 incidences per year in developing countries. Approximately 2 million women are still left untreated in these countries. It is estimated that fewer than six out of ten women in developing countries give birth with the aid of a skilled professional doctor or midwife.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
How do digestive diseases affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Digestive diseases interfere with digestion and other organ functions in a number of ways throughout...
How are gastrointestinal tract birth defects treated?
Most often, gastrointestinal tract birth defects are treated through surgery. A hole may be closed o...
What Are the Symptoms of an Unhealthy Gastrointestinal System?