What is a gastrinoma?

Gastrinoma is a type of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor, which is a rare endocrine tumor that occurs sporadically as well as part of inherited familial endocrine syndromes such as Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type-1 (MEN-1). Gastrinomas occur in approximately 10 per million of the population. Gastrinoma is often associated with increased stomach acid as part of the Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (ZES). 

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
How does an obstetric fistula affect the body?
An obstetric fistula affects the body by creating an abnormal opening in your birth canal that conne...
What are symptoms of leaky gut syndrome?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
You should suspect Leaky Gut Syndrome if you have:pain in multiple jointsa chronic skin conditionc...
What Are the Treatment Options for Digestive Diseases?