Should I tell my child's school about her obstetric fistula?

If you have a young daughter who has experienced difficulty in childbearing and is now diagnosed with an obstetric fistula, you should inform your child's school about the condition. Although your child may be able to attend school, she may not want to for social reasons. Your child's school needs to be prepared so that it can provide special education services for your child. A young girl with this disorder may not be able to participate in school activities and will need support and encouragement.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Digestive Diseases

Digestive diseases, also known as gastrointestinal diseases, are disorders that affect your esophagus, stomach and small and large intestines. The symptoms of digestive diseases vary widely depending on which part of your digestiv...

e system is affected. Generally symptoms can be blood in your stool, a change in bowel habits, pain, weight loss or heartburn that is not relieved by antacids. See you doctor if you have any of these signs of digestive disease.