Should I tell my child's school about her obstetric fistula?

If you have a young daughter who has experienced difficulty in childbearing and is now diagnosed with an obstetric fistula, you should inform your child's school about the condition. Although your child may be able to attend school, she may not want to for social reasons. Your child's school needs to be prepared so that it can provide special education services for your child. A young girl with this disorder may not be able to participate in school activities and will need support and encouragement.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
How are gastrointestinal tract birth defects treated?
Most often, gastrointestinal tract birth defects are treated through surgery. A hole may be closed o...
What is a gastrostomy tube?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
A gastrostomy tube is a feeding tube that is inserted into the stomach for individuals who are unabl...
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?