Should I tell my child's school about stomach flu?

Stomach flu, or viral gastroenteritis, is a highly contagious illness that can be spread through methods such as sneezing and hand to mouth contact. For anyone in close quarters, like a classroom or nursing home, the disease can easily spread from one to another. Your child's teacher may be able to take extra precautions to maintain sanitary conditions and reduce the risk of contamination, such as encouraging extra hand washing or wiping down table surfaces.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Digestive Diseases

Digestive diseases, also known as gastrointestinal diseases, are disorders that affect your esophagus, stomach and small and large intestines. The symptoms of digestive diseases vary widely depending on which part of your digestiv...

e system is affected. Generally symptoms can be blood in your stool, a change in bowel habits, pain, weight loss or heartburn that is not relieved by antacids. See you doctor if you have any of these signs of digestive disease.