Should I tell my child's school about stomach flu?

Stomach flu, or viral gastroenteritis, is a highly contagious illness that can be spread through methods such as sneezing and hand to mouth contact. For anyone in close quarters, like a classroom or nursing home, the disease can easily spread from one to another. Your child's teacher may be able to take extra precautions to maintain sanitary conditions and reduce the risk of contamination, such as encouraging extra hand washing or wiping down table surfaces.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Every year tens of thousands of people face serious colon surgery to remove big polyps before they can morph into colon cancer. Many have part of thei...
What is chronic nausea?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Nausea is usually described as a queasy, sick to the stomach sensation that may progress to the feel...
How does aging affect digestive diseases?
Older people tend to take more prescription medications than others, and can be more susceptible to ...
What Are the Symptoms of an Unhealthy Gastrointestinal System?