How does an obstetric fistula affect my quality of life?

An obstetric fistula can significantly affect your quality of life. People with this illness may be socially isolated due to uncontrolled bodily functions. They may be prevented from performing daily tasks and having a normal life. Family and work life may be disrupted. Fortunately, treatment is available and is often successful.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
What are the symptoms of gastrointestinal tract birth defects?
Gastrointestinal tract birth defects symptoms generally revolve around the digestive system. Crampin...
What should I do if I am lactose intolerant?
If you are lactose intolerant you will need to avoid or eat less of foods that have lactose in them....
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?
Is GERD the Same Thing As Heartburn?