How do I manage my viral gastrointestinal infection on a daily basis?

Managing a viral gastrointestinal infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with others while the disease runs its course. While getting plenty of rest, you should be putting a priority on keeping your body hydrated. Even if you are having trouble keeping liquids and solids down, you can suck on ice chips or take frequent small sips of water, clear sodas, or Gatorade. Avoid fatty or rich foods until you feel completely better. When you're ready to start eating again, you may find it easier to try starting out with bland, easy to digest foods like toast, bananas, applesauce, or rice.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Digestive Diseases

Digestive diseases, also known as gastrointestinal diseases, are disorders that affect your esophagus, stomach and small and large intestines. The symptoms of digestive diseases vary widely depending on which part of your digestiv...

e system is affected. Generally symptoms can be blood in your stool, a change in bowel habits, pain, weight loss or heartburn that is not relieved by antacids. See you doctor if you have any of these signs of digestive disease.