How do I manage my obstetric fistula on a daily basis?

The first thing that you should do to manage obstetric fistula is to see your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any symptoms such as a foul-smelling discharge from your vagina or the passing of feces, pus, or gas from the vagina. Your doctor will examine you and may prescribe antibiotic medications to clear up infection, or suggest surgery. You should also make sure that you gently clean your genital area with a fragrance-free soap and keep the area dry to avoid further irritation and infection. Wear loose-fitting clothing to keep from irritating the area. Be sure to follow your doctor's advice for continued treatment and attend all of your scheduled follow-up appointments.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
What are the various products that contain lactose?
Milk and milk products are often added to processed foods-foods that have been altered to prolong th...
What are the symptoms of dyspepsia?
If you've ever had indigestion, then you are already familiar with the most common symptom of dyspep...
What Are the Treatment Options for Digestive Diseases?