How do I manage my obstetric fistula on a daily basis?

The first thing that you should do to manage obstetric fistula is to see your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any symptoms such as a foul-smelling discharge from your vagina or the passing of feces, pus, or gas from the vagina. Your doctor will examine you and may prescribe antibiotic medications to clear up infection, or suggest surgery. You should also make sure that you gently clean your genital area with a fragrance-free soap and keep the area dry to avoid further irritation and infection. Wear loose-fitting clothing to keep from irritating the area. Be sure to follow your doctor's advice for continued treatment and attend all of your scheduled follow-up appointments.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Digestive Diseases

Digestive diseases, also known as gastrointestinal diseases, are disorders that affect your esophagus, stomach and small and large intestines. The symptoms of digestive diseases vary widely depending on which part of your digestiv...

e system is affected. Generally symptoms can be blood in your stool, a change in bowel habits, pain, weight loss or heartburn that is not relieved by antacids. See you doctor if you have any of these signs of digestive disease.