How do I manage my diverticulitis on a daily basis?

The best thing you can do to manage your diverticulitis is eat a high-fiber diet. A high-fiber diet softens stool so that it can pass through the intestines easier, reducing stress that can sometimes cause diverticulitis. By adding fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your diet, you will reduce the complications and symptoms associated with diverticulitis. Additionally, exercising regularly and managing your weight can help reduce symptoms.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Every year tens of thousands of people face serious colon surgery to remove big polyps before they can morph into colon cancer. Many have part of thei...
How should I prepare for my tests to diagnose digestive disease?
Your doctor will discuss preparing for diagnostic procedures with you before your test appointment. ...
How common are digestive problems in the U.S.?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
A medical study by Dr. Robert Sandler and colleagues from the University of North Carolina confi...
What Are the Symptoms of an Unhealthy Gastrointestinal System?