How does stomach flu affect the body?

With stomach flu, the symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting may last from one to ten days, but will usually resolve without intervention. You may feel fatigue and muscle aches for a few days, but if you provide comfort to the person who is infected, there should be no lasting effects on the body. Infants, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems may experience more serious symptoms.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
How are gastrointestinal tract birth defects diagnosed?
Diagnosis for gastrointestinal tract birth defects can occur in a variety of ways. Some defects, suc...
How can I protect my children from digestive diseases?
One of the most important ways to protect children from digestive and other diseases is to teach the...
What Are the Treatment Options for Digestive Diseases?