How do I manage my stomach flu on a daily basis?

Managing your stomach flu on a daily basis involves getting plenty of rest, allowing your stomach to settle, and slowly introducing clear liquids and bland foods into your diet. Try sucking on ice or taking small spoonfuls or sips of water. The most severe symptoms may resolve within a day or two, but if it lasts longer, be certain to replenish the liquids that are being lost to avoid dehydration. Probiotics, such as found in certain kinds of yogurt, may help. Avoid drugs or foods that may irritate the stomach, including alcohol and caffeine, but take any medication recommended by a medical professional as prescribed.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Digestive Diseases

Digestive diseases, also known as gastrointestinal diseases, are disorders that affect your esophagus, stomach and small and large intestines. The symptoms of digestive diseases vary widely depending on which part of your digestiv...

e system is affected. Generally symptoms can be blood in your stool, a change in bowel habits, pain, weight loss or heartburn that is not relieved by antacids. See you doctor if you have any of these signs of digestive disease.