What do I need to know about caring for someone with fructose intolerance?

Fructose intolerance is often diagnosed in infancy, so you will need to limit your baby's diet to avoid damaging foods and drinks. If your baby takes formula or baby food, check the labels for fructose. If not treated promptly and correctly, growth and development may be affected. You may want to speak with a doctor who specializes in metabolic disorders or biochemical genetics to help with ongoing care for your child.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
What activities should someone with an obstetric fistula avoid?
People with obstetric fistulas should avoid any activities that cause the affected area to become mo...
What is dysbiosis?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
The human intestinal tract is inhabited by thousands of strains of bacteria, some beneficial, so...
What Are the Symptoms of an Unhealthy Gastrointestinal System?