Are there over-the-counter medications for an obstetric fistula?

There are no over-the-counter medications to completely treat an obstetric fistula. Obstetric fistulas are treated with prescribed medications, such as antibiotics to help to eliminate infection in the woman's body, and surgery. A doctor must be consulted for treatment of an obstetric fistula.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Constipated? Always Going? Signs Your Digestion Isn't Normal
Everyone's digestion is a bit different, but there are some universal indicators of a healthy system—and an unhealthy one. First, let’s review the ba...
Is an obstetric fistula serious for young girls?
Laura Corio, MDLaura Corio, MD
An obstetric fistula is very serious for a young girl. Thank goodness, in the united states we do no...
Should I talk to my doctor about my digestive disease symptoms?
A doctor can help with many of the symptoms of digestive diseases. Some symptoms can indicate mo...
What Are the Treatment Options for Digestive Diseases?