How should I care for someone with a diffuse brain injury?

If you are caring for someone who has had a diffuse brain injury, a type of traumatic brain injury, have them get medical attention immediately. They may require emergency medical treatment.

If you're caring for someone who is recovering from a diffuse brain injury, keep in mind that the recovery process may be slow, gradual, and frustrating. Encourage them as much as possible. In some cases, certain skills - like talking - need to be relearned, and recovery may require a team of professionals to help with rehabilitation and coping skills.

Continue Learning about Diffuse Brain Injuries