How can I protect my child from diffuse brain injuries?

Many measures can be taken to protect your child from diffuse brain injuries. To prevent falls, make sure they are safely secured when in shopping carts. Seat belts should always be worn in motor vehicles, and young children should be properly secured in child safety seats or booster seats. In addition, protective headgear should be worn when bicycling, skateboarding, skiing, horseback riding, skating, or participating in contact sports.

Continue Learning about Diffuse Brain Injuries

What are the four types of injury that can cause diffuse brain damage?
There are four main types of brain injuries that can cause diffuse brain damage These include:Diffus...
Do diffuse brain injuries affect females and males differently?
Diffuse brain injuries affect males and females differently in their frequency rate. The traumatic b...
Is a diffuse brain injury serious?
The severity of diffuse brain injuries can range from mild to fatal. In many cases, a diffuse brain ...
How do diffuse and focal brain injuries differ?
Diffuse and focal are terms used to broadly differentiate between types of traumatic brain injuries....