If you are trying to lose weight, steer clear of fad diets and complicated weight-loss schemes. According to a 2009 study published in the journal Appetite, many diet plans are so complex that people simply give up. The study reported that participants were more likely to abandon their diets if they could not remember all the rules or keep track of the plan. Look for a program that you can understand and sustain. If you don’t have time to make fresh fruit or vegetable juices every day, a diet that includes them is probably not going to work for you. Also, don’t believe the hype of “instant” weight-loss products. You may see amazing results at first, but be sure to research how well people maintain the loss.
- Q What steps can I take to improve my diet?
- Q Do fat-free foods really help with weight loss?
- Q Why do conventional diets fail?
- Q Which popular diets are effective?
- Q How should I choose a prepared meal delivery service for weight loss?
- Q What superfoods can help me lose weight?