How can I stick to my diet?

Sure, it's easy to say, "I'm going to go on a diet," but this alone won't get you to a smaller waist size. Instead, figure out what foods (and drinks) you're going to eat and not eat, and plan out your meals each week so you stay focused and away from the chip aisle at the grocery store. Knowing what you'll be eating for each meal can help you curb your cravings and retrain your taste buds to crave healthful dishes. 

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

Dieting For Weight Loss

Dieting For Weight Loss

Losing weight quickly is OK as long as you do it safely, not through a crash diet. You can lose three or more pounds a week by burning more calories than you eat. If you burn an extra 500 calories per day through eating less and i...

ncreasing your physical activity, you can lose about one to two pounds of fat per week. Dietitians recommend a daily minimum of 1,200 calories per day (a 200-pound person might need 1,400 calories). Anything less makes you lose muscle as well as fat, which slows your metabolism. Instead, minimize your intake of starches, added sugars like high fructose corn syrup and animal fat from dairy and meats. Focus on eating fruits and vegetables, soy products, egg whites, skinless poultry breasts, shellfish and fish, nonfat dairy foods and meat that is 95 percent lean. Drink lots of water, don't skip meals, and eat only from a plate while seated at a table.