How can I eat healthy to lose weight if I'm on the go?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
When you have a full day of activities outside of the house, you especially need a strategy for eating on the go. The last thing you want to do is end up being forced to visit some fast food restaurant or convenience store. Once you get too hungry, your resistance will be lowered and even though there are healthy items at those places, you'll be less likely to get them. When the kids have sporting events or exams be sure to have snacks and healthy meals prepared and ready to go out the door with them. Add time for exercise to your calendar as an appointment. It can be 10 minutes three times a day or 30 minutes once a day. Use whatever time is available to you. You can walk outside or even climb the stairs at work.

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

Pig-Out Weekends: How to Undo Overindulgence
It happens to the best of us -- the overindulgent weekend. And if your coming-attractions calendar doesn't already include at least one bachelorette b...
Why should I listen to my body when doing intermittent fasting (IF)?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Listening to your body is crucial when it comes to intermittent fasting (IF). Don’t stick to IF beca...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
The Best Weight Loss Soups on the Day-Off Diet