How should I choose a prepared meal delivery service for weight loss?

There are dozens of companies that will deliver prepared meals to your home or office. Some are probably familiar, but there are many choices out there, each of which offers something a little different. You should familiarize yourself with the various options on their company websites. Some prepared-meal plans allow you to customize nearly every item of your menu; others follow a more rigid structure, with some room for substitutions based on personal tastes and allergies.

Also consider how much support you'll want. Programs have different levels of reinforcement, including in-person meetings, telephone check-ins with counselors, on-call nutritionists, and online chats and discussion forums. Even if you want to do it alone, at least be open to trying support options, as some companies report better results with their clients who participate in support programs. And, of course, a major consideration is price (which can vary a lot), and exact pricing information can be extremely difficult to find on many of these companies' websites. Before committing to any plan, you should know exactly how much you'll be paying, when you can cancel if you don't like it, and how to suspend food deliveries if you're traveling.

Do your research and narrow your options online. Write down questions as they occur to you, then call each company's toll-free line with any questions you might have. Compare the answers. Was the representative helpful, knowledgeable and friendly?

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?
How Accurate Is Healthy-Menu Info?
It's great when restaurants offer some "healthy" options on their regular menus. But how accurate are those calorie counts? Sometimes, not very. A st...
Can I exercise if I'm doing intermittent fasting (IF)?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Make exercise planning part of your preparation for intermittent fasting (IF). If you decide to do y...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
The Fasting Diet That Helped a Doctor Beat Type 2 Diabetes