How does my environment influence how much I eat?

Research shows that your surroundings may play a role in determining how much you eat. Specifically, the more comfortable and relaxed you are, the more you lower your inhibitions. If you want to create the mood to keep you the fullest, make this your dining-room feng shui:
  1. Choose bright lights over soft lights.
  2. Choose warm room temperature over cold ones.
  3. Choose conversation over music or TV, which can distract you into eating more.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

The Best Time to Start a New Diet
The Best Time to Start a New Diet
Gotten a new job? Moved to a new home? Made some new friends? If so, this may be the perfect time to make over your diet, too. Research shows that it'...
Will drinking diet soda help me lose weight?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Diet soda will not directly help you lose weight. Some studies show that drinking diet soda actually...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
Expert Advice for the Day-Off Diet
Expert Advice for the Day-Off Diet