How does my environment influence how much I eat?

Research shows that your surroundings may play a role in determining how much you eat. Specifically, the more comfortable and relaxed you are, the more you lower your inhibitions. If you want to create the mood to keep you the fullest, make this your dining-room feng shui:
  1. Choose bright lights over soft lights.
  2. Choose warm room temperature over cold ones.
  3. Choose conversation over music or TV, which can distract you into eating more.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

How to Avoid Yo-Yo Dieting
How to Avoid Yo-Yo Dieting
If your closets are packed with skinny jeans, fat slacks, and in-between pants (with drawstrings), you know the only thing tougher than getting slim i...
How does eating slowly help me to lose weight?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Take the time to eat your food more slowly, and focus on savoring each bite. By slowing down, you ...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
How to Stop Weekend Weight Gain
How to Stop Weekend Weight Gain