Does dieting help me lose weight?

Dieting is just one part of losing weight.  The three things you need to focus on when you want to lose weight are your meal planning, resistance training and cardiovascular training.  As long as you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight.  So knowing how much you eating will help you lose the weight as long as you do the other two as well.  Always check with your fitness professionals to know how to balance all three components to help you lose weight.

Absolutely not! Lifestyle change and changing your diet will help you lose weight and keep it off but dieting more often than not, ends in failure and frustration. Sadly, too many people buy into claims made by fad diet books or try to mimic some celebrity diet that is impossible to sustain over time. The good news is that the answer is a lot simpler and cheaper than the “trial and error” of purchasing books and supplements that are pushed on us by people who have no business giving health and fitness advice.

The simple answer is, that to lose weight you need to make a few lifestyle changes (ex: less dining out, limiting liquor, exercise more, etc) and also change your diet. This would be even more simplified by saying, “eat less and move more.” In order to successfully lose weight and keep it off I suggest you follow Dr Oz’s” Rule of Three.” This consists of eating small meals every 3 hours, which contain 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of carbohydrates and 1 serving of healthy fat, and plenty of veggies.  This is not dieting; this is changing your dining habits or changing your lifestyle. Starving yourself on some fad diet will be just as unsuccessful as dining out all the time and eating too many meals of large, fatty portions. In fact, people who follow the fad diets and fail tend to weigh more than when they started.  Also, for weight loss to be truly successful; a healthy nutrition plan must be complimented with a safe and effective program. Fortunately, you already have all the tools you need to be successful right here on Sharecare. Good Luck!

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

How to Choose the Best Diet
How to Choose the Best Diet
Feel like you've done a speed-dating experiment with every diet on the books? It might be time to think about settling down with the right one. Which...
Can I follow a diet plan if I eat fast food?
JJ VirginJJ Virgin
Bypass the high-sugar impact buns, salad dressings, and even so-called healthy offerings that are hi...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
What Are Healthy Snack Options?
What Are Healthy Snack Options?