Can I take a break from my diet?

Every healthy relationship requires some time away from each other and so does every healthy diet. You can't be on a diet all the time, so spend one meal a week away from your diet. It will make you appreciate your diet even more and it satisfies those cravings that otherwise can sabotage even the best diets.

Choose one meal a week and eat anything you want without a single thought about your diet. Indulge all your cravings in that one meal and the next day, you'll feel excited about getting back to your faithful eating habits that make you feel healthy and energetic. Breaking an otherwise mundane eating routine with a "naughty" meal keeps the guilt out of dieting and allows you to appreciate the benefits of your regular, healthy food choices.

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

Pack on Greens to Shed Pounds
Pack on Greens to Shed Pounds
When the roadies strike the stage and load the trucks for Billy Joe Armstrong’s pop-punk band, some might say that’s Green Day Packing. In 1919, when ...
Does dieting really work?
Abby EllinAbby Ellin
Joanne Ikeda, the codirector of the University of California, Berkeley’s Center for Weight and H...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
How to Help a Loved One Lose Weight
How to Help a Loved One Lose Weight