Can I take a break from my diet on special occasions?

James O. Hill
It's not a good idea. One of the secrets of weight-loss success is consistency. If you eat the same foods regularly and keep your calorie intake consistent, it's much easier to keep track. Relaxing your regimen whenever things feel festive makes it that much more difficult to maintain successful weight loss.

Continue Learning about Dieting For Weight Loss

Nudge Yourself Into Healthier Eating and Weight Loss
Around 45 million people in the U.S. are on a weight-loss diet right now—and have been more than once. And that can be draining physically, emotionall...
How does my environment influence how much I eat?
Research shows that your surroundings may play a role in determining how much you eat. Specifically,...
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer5 Ways to Actually Stick to Your Diet This Summer
How to make healthier choices, even at BBQs, pool parties and beach vacations.
How Can I Avoid Feeling Deprived While Dieting?